The 6 Different Types of Self-Care
Posted on 一月 09 2022
Sure, when you hear the phrase, "practice self-care", your mind might immediately wonder to tasks that involve pampering yourself. Did you know that there are actually many different types of self-care that you can implement into your daily and weekly routine that go way beyond the typical spa day? Six different types to be exact! Check them out below.
Physical self-care if one of the most popular types that people practice, and they add amazing benefits to your overall lifestyle.
- Workout and be active weekly
- Stretching daily
- Walking more during the day
- Nourishing your body with healthy foods
- Taking a nap
- Drinking more water
Regulating and knowing/understanding your emotions better.
- Sharing your feelings with loved ones
- Setting boundaries
- Daily affirmations and gratitude
Simple things done daily for yourself, including activities like…
- Good hygiene
- Cleanly and organized space
- Self-care routines like spa days
- Treating yourself (dessert or flowers)
- Taking a break
- Doing things you love like your favorite hobby
SocialSocial self-care is often forgotten about or put on the back burner. However, it is just as important as any other form of self-care.
- Connecting with friends and loved ones
- Follow inspirational people on social media
- Practice good communication skills
- Be active in communities you enjoy
- Share memories with friends
While money shouldn't control our lives, it is a big part of it whether we like it or not. Financial self-care practice is a great way to stay on top of this.
- Creating a weekly or monthly budget
- Open a savings account to set money aside for your goals
- Keep track of your income and money spent
- Invest in yourself
- Learn to have a better relationship with your finances
Taking the time to connect with what you believe in spiritually is a positive way to implement self-care into your daily routine. It can help you feel more grounded and connected to your beliefs.
- Praying and connecting to your God(s)/source
- Meditating on your beliefs
- Spending time in nature
- Actively practicing your faith daily
- Practicing gratitude